Saturday, April 2, 2011

secret to a happy marriage


When we met in a crowd at a pub two of his pals asked me out – one saying to the other “the best man always wins” I didn't know at the time but my husband turned to his mate and said “the best mans not even trying”.  So the first time we met he was joking

Thankfully he did try later and we got together – I say thankfully because he has kept me laughing ever since
We've been married over 30 years – have had some great times and some not so good, but we have always been able to laugh together at things – laughing makes the good times better and the bad times bearable. 

Typical conversation yesterday in the 4x4 – “watch that cyclist” “I’m bigger than him- he should watch me” “Don’t be flip – you’d be the first person to be upset if you hurt someone” “no I’d be the second”

He is my rock and my best friend

Trust me – to find your ideal partner, don’t worry if he/she is good looking, intelligent or rich – find the one you can laugh with, and if you’re lucky like me you’ll have a lifetime of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment